Southampton host Liverpool in the Premier League on Sunday, hoping to capitalise on any tired legs in Jurgen Klopp’s ranks following their Europa League win over Manchester United.
The Liverpool squad will be high on confidence, having just beaten arch-rivals Manchester United over 2 legs in the UEFA Europa League in midweek.
Southampton will be hoping to keep the Reds from overtaking them in the league table, given that the teams are currently in 7th and 8th position respectively with 44 points.
Liverpool have played a couple of games less than Southampton have, and will be looking to close the gap on the top 4. Manchester City have played a game more than Liverpool, and sit on the 4th spot with 7 points more than the Anfield outfit.
Predicted Starting XI (4-2-3-1): Forster; Bertrand, Fonte, Van Dijk, Soares; Romeu, Wanyama; Tadic, Davis, Mane; Pelle
Predicted Starting XI (4-3-3): Mignolet; Flanagan, Sakho, Lovren, Clyne; Can, Henderson, Allen; Lallana, Coutinho, Origi
- Liverpool have won all of their last 3 away games against Southampton in all competitions.
- They have scored at least 2 goals in those 3 games.
- Liverpool have won each of their last 3 away games in the Premier League.
- The last team to beat Liverpool in normal time was Leicester City, which was 11 games ago.
- Southampton has won just 1 out of the last 4 games in the Premie League.
- They have won just 1 out of their last 3 home games in the Premier League.
Southampton 1 – 2 Liverpool
Liverpool seem to finally be able to find their feet under Jurgen Klopp, and it is no surprise that this is happening with the majority of the squad fit and available.
The Reds have been on an impressive run of late, even though they also rode their luck during this period. It is likely that they will come away with all 3 points from St. Mary’s, with the Saints not in the best of forms.
- Southampton win: 13/8
- Draw: 12/5
- Liverpool win: 15/8