German giants Bayern Munich travel to Turin to face Serie A champions Juventus in this heavyweight Round of 16 first-leg clash on Tuesday at the Juventus Stadium.
Bayern Munich and Juventus are experiencing a golden period in their history in terms of domestic success, and will no doubt want to add European silverware to their list of accomplishments. While the Bianconeri are looking for their fifth consecutive league title, Bayern are chasing their fourth. However, the two giants of European football will leave their domestic ambitions aside as they meet in the Champions League on Tuesday.
Pep Guardiola’s Bayern Munich are the favourites in this Round of 16 tie as the Spaniard chases the elusive Champions League trophy to round off his time in Bavaria. However, it will be interesting to see how the game pans out in Turin.
Possible Starting XI (4-3-3): Buffon; Evra, Bonucci, Barzagli, Lichsteiner; Pogba, Khedira, Marchisio; Morata, Dybala, Cuadrado.
Possible Starting XI (4-2-3-1): Neuer; Bernat, Alaba, Benatia, Lahm; Vidal, Alonso; Costa, Muller, Robben; Lewandowski.
- The Bianconeri have not conceded a goal in their last nine matches in all competitions.
- Bayern Munich have scored 11 goals in their last five matches in all competitions.
- Bayern Munich are the only non-Italian team to win at the Juventus Stadium, which has been home to the Bianconeri since 2011.
- Juventus are on a 16 match unbeaten run at home in their European encounters.
- The Italians have lost their last three matches against Bayern Munich in all competitions.
Juventus 2-1 Bayern Munich
The Bianconeri might have failed to win their Friday night clash against Bologna, but they will be completely focused on their Champions League encounter against the Bavarians.
Meanwhile, Bayern Munich will also be riding high on confidence after a comeback win against Darmstadt on Saturday. While Juve look strong enough to get a win at home, Bayern Munich are likely to register an away goal.
Odds (Paddy Power)
Bayern Munich: 8/5